Today, some advice for Southeast Texas newlyweds- and those about to join their ranks.
Your beautiful Southeast Texas wedding is over, the thank yous are sent and the top cake tier is in the freezer, waiting for your first anniversary celebration. Now you and your new spouse are starting to act on the plans you’ve made for your life together, and are ready to take that big step in moving into your first real home.
Have you found your married home? Southeast Texas Realtor Cathy Ferguson can help.
She has listings for homes for sale in Beaumont, Lumberton, and across the Golden Triangle.
It’s a big task, joining together two households and finding the perfect location with great schools, affordable taxes and good neighbors. But once you’ve signed on the dotted line for the home where you will begin your life as a couple – and maybe also raise your family when the time arrives – you’re ready to plan your big move.
Many newlyweds face the chore of merging furniture, kitchen equipment and closet space from two households. To start your moving process off on the right foot, consider eliminating duplicate items and having a garage sale, or donating items, before beginning the packing process. It’s a great chance to upgrade household furnishings – especially if you received something new as a wedding gift.
Good news – brides who find their new home with REMAX Realtor Cathy Ferguson can use her moving truck for free! That’s right- finally someone who is helping you SAVE money as you go into your married life.
- Realtor Cathy Ferguson, serving Southeast Texas
- (409) 673-7479
Call today to start the search for your married home.
Southeast Texas Wedding Planning – Tips for moving into your married home.
* Start early and group items together – Get good, sturdy boxes of various sizes, and then fill them with items of a similar content. Some traditional ways to group items are by item type (i.e. photo frames) or by contents of a room. Label each box with the room name, and the contents. Make sure you have plenty of packing bubbles or towels and cloths on hand to keep breakable items from being damaged in the move.
* Still unpacking your wedding gifts? – If space isn’t a concern, keep those wedding gifts in their original boxes, because the store packaging will help protect the items. But if space is tight in the rental truck, throw away the store packaging and carefully repack in your moving boxes – with plenty of padding to protect your new gifts.
* Save your muscles – Ask friends to help you with carrying boxes. After all, you are newlyweds. People want to help you start your Southeast Texas married life on the right foot. If something is heavy, enlist some help to prevent injury or strain on your muscles.
* Loading the truck – Load the largest items (i.e. bed, couch, dresser) into the truck first to ensure they will fit, and then start loading the heaviest boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top. Having each box labeled with contents will help prevent you and your friends from packing heavy books on top of your new fine china wedding gifts.
When you cross the threshold of your new home the first time as a married couple you’ll be surrounded by the excitement and energy of so many adventures to come in your future. Carefully unpack your moving truck, cherishing the memories of your personal belongings as you meld them to fit into your new home and life with your new spouse.
Getting Married in Southeast Texas and need to merge two households in to one?
Find your new home with Cathy Ferguson and use her moving truck for free.
Just a small way for Cathy to wish you a wonderful future together.
We hope today’s Southeast Texas newlyweds advice has been helpful.
Best wishes from all of us at SETX Weddings for a long and happy marriage!
SETX Weddings offers our Golden Triangle brides over 200 articles each year packed with the latest Southeast Texas wedding trends, the latest news from top wedding vendors, and the inspiration you need to bring your dream wedding to life.
We hope you have enjoyed today’s feature, Southeast Texas Wedding Planning – Tips for Moving into your “Together Home”.
You can find the home of your dreams.
Southeast Texas Realtor Cathy Ferguson can help.
She knows what it means for newlyweds to become home owners rather than realtors.
Home ownership is investing in your relationship.
Home ownership is a tool Southeast Texas newlyweds can use to jump start their financial future.